Last post of 2011 is finally here! If you were expecting a cute photoreel or vlog of all my 2011 highlights, you may be disappointed. Instead, I've prepared... a heartfelt message.
2011 has been a year of change for me. I left Berkeley for New York, and not long after, for London. In all the shifting, stability has become my saving grace. Stability in the form of family and friends, in the form of habits and rituals, in the form of material possessions, and perhaps most surprisingly, in the form of this blog. It's strange to think that I only launched this page a couple months ago. Back then, it was a just a simple means of promptly but holistically cataloguing my life's adventures. But as 2012 rears its head, I suppose it's time for a little self-reflection. Here are the facts:
- I am 20 years old, still 5 feet tall, and still biting my nails, despite having set a new year's resolution to grow an inch and drop the nasty habit. I suppose I'll set the same resolutions this year and receive the same effect.
- I am staring college graduation in the face and not doing very well at remaining calm. Simultaneously, I am jittery for what lies beyond the tassel shifting from one side to the next.
- As it stands, I have made a small but measurable dent on the list of places I want to go, things I want to wear, and foods I want to eat (see what I did there?).
- I have learnt to live by (fine, I am still in the process of learning) the following Latin lessons: sine labore nihil, carpe diem, illegitimi non carborundum, and don't ever walk with your zipper at the back end of your bag.
- Lastly, and most relevant to you, I am glad to have finally found a way to document it all. The ramblings, the journeys, the stunning moments that suspend time. A catalog of life as I knew it, know it, and am still discovering it to be. 87 posts and over 12,000 views later, I can't thank you all enough for stepping along with me. Looking back through it all, 2012 is looking ever less terrifying and ever more enticing.